Job title: Events & Social Media Lead Reports to: Marketing Director
In Summary: Help take the Hama Hama customer experience to the next level! We’re looking for someone with a passion for conceptualizing, planning and executing amazing events, and with a keen eye toward branding and marketing via social media. A lover of details, creativity and our brand, the Events & Social Media Lead will ensure events at Hama Hama are profitable, well-run and much-loved.
Compensation: Hourly commensurate with experience
Position type & classification: Nonexempt, hourly, full time (35 - 40/hrs wk), benefit-eligible.
Expected hours of work: Full time, Thursday-Monday
Location: Lilliwaup, with occasional travel for events
Social Media / Content Generation
- Understand, help create, and execute social media plan for each sales division (oyster saloon, retail store, online store, wholesale, events, etc).
- Working within the marketing budget: promote posts, track results, and keep learning
- Help create content for email newsletters and blog posts
Event Execution & Production
- Working collaboratively: ideate and execute events on site and off, ranging from tideflat tours to upscale farm dinners to off site catering or popups
- Communicate with stakeholders, staff, and participants before and after each event
- Follow all applicable regulations, including health department and liquor control laws
- Track expenses and revenue, sending information to payroll department as necessary
- Obsessed with details: whether you’re representing our brand in social media posts or on-site, the details speak volumes about who we are and what we do. In addition, the details make or break outstanding events, and you obsess about both the details that show (logistics!) and those that don’t (budget tracking!).
- A people-person: You’ll be working directly with customers, across our entire team, and alongside a number of other stakeholders to ensure outstanding events. You’ve got to “get” people, so your marketing reaches them, and you’ve got to be able to get others to do things (attend events, click on posts, execute the details of our events flawlessly).
- Passionate about our work: you’ve got a love for oysters and sharing authentic Pacific Northwest experiences, and you know how to convey that enthusiasm in compelling, funny, and succinct copy.
- Flexible & collaborative: You spot opportunities and learn rapidly, but you also understand that we’re a nearly 100 year old company with an established brand and many stakeholders.
We’d love to hear more about:
- Familiarity with the following: Google Suite & Analytics, HTML, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, Instagram marketing, Facebook for business, or other sales / marketing technology
- Your interests in communicating about natural resources and ecological issues.
- Previous experience launching a new process (menu item, event, campaign, etc)
- Culinary or creative skills or interests
- Previous management experience
Education/Training Requirements: Must have either a college degree, on-the-job experience, or proven ability to self-teach via online classes, continuing ed, or internships.
Physical demands / work environment: Light work (exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.) Movement includes climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fine motor skills, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motion, and standing for extended periods. Work environment includes exposure to heat and cold of indoor and outdoor environments.
Equal Opportunity Employment—Hama Hama Company is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy that employees and applicants will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran’s status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local laws.
Other duties—this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To apply: email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org