Hama Hama is looking for someone to join our shellfish plant production team for the winter season!
Family owned and operated for five generations, we’re a shellfish and timber farm located on Hood Canal with a reputation for quality is built on hard work and clean water. Our mission is pretty simple: use low impact farming methods to grow world-class oysters and trees, have fun, and leave something good for those who will come after us.
This position has a lot of variety, and primary responsibilities include:
- Sanitation and safety- we take the health and safety of our people and shellfish seriously, and cleaning and sanitizing is essential to this position
- Sorting and packing shucked oysters
- Packing shellfish orders for shipment and local delivery
- Cleaning and sorting shellfish and maintaining gear as needed
Requirements and physical demands include:
- Likes cleaning and willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Able to stand for hours at a time and lift up to 40 lb. Must be able to move comfortably working with your hands at a station, and have good manual dexterity to handle shellfish.
- Able to work in a wet/cold environment
- Basic knowledge of written and spoken english (to fill orders accurately)
This is a full-time seasonal position set to go through the holiday season, and may have the potential to become permanent.
Compensation range for this role is $16-17.50/hour
Equal Opportunity Employment—Hama Hama Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and it is our policy that employees and applicants will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age, national origin, veteran’s status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local laws.