Come join our team!
Hama Hama Company is a 5th-generation family-run shellfish and tree farm on Washington’s Olympic Peninsula. We take great pride in our product and in this beautiful place where we live and work. We are looking for a positive, self-motivated individual who is interested in facilitating a great guest experience while making fantastic food. Our saloon staff wear many hats, and work as a cohesive team to support each other. We are growing rapidly and looking for an experienced cook to join the kitchen team for a record breaking winter and to help lead the charge into next year.
What you’ll do:
- Help us deliver delicious, healthy food to happy customers.
- Keep the prep up to date and the walk-in organized through the week
- Assist with ordering, product rotation & receiving, and inventory.
- Become pro at shucking a perfect oyster - we shuck to order at the raw bar, and shuck in bulk for our grilled oysters. Shucking is a way of life. We also do regular pop-ups, events, and offsites.
- Help us improve our waste stream by improving systems for composting, recycling, reducing waste, and increasing yield.
- Assist with general maintenance and cleaning tasks.
- Actively seek out ways to improve the guest experience.
- Must have 2+ years of cooking experience.
- Able to self-manage, stay busy, and work with a sense of urgency in the kitchen.
- Enjoy and be comfortable working outdoors in inclement conditions, including a marine environment. While we utilize tents, heaters, and wind breaks, our Saloon is on the waterfront, and our service kitchen is outside.
- We are a 100% visible kitchen - cleanliness is a mandate. Safety and sanitation are key.
- This is an active job and applicants should be able to lift 40 pounds without difficulty and be able to work in a physically challenging environment - including walking on gravel, bending at the waist to lift bags of shellstock out of water, and working in the cold room for an extended period of time.
- Must have good communication skills - able to read and write in English.
- Applicants should also have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record - saloon staff often need to drive company vehicles around the property to drop off shell, pick up propane, etc.
Full-time position (20-40 hours per week)
Hourly depending on experience, plus generous tip share
Benefits for full-time permanent employees include: company paid health insurance, Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with employer matching up to 3% of gross income, beautiful views, discounts on great food + Hama Hama gear
When: Thursday - Monday, including weekends and holidays (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day). We go to 7 days a week around Memorial Day, and continue until mid-September.
Where: Hama Hama Oyster Saloon in Lilliwaup, WA.
To apply: please send your resume to: email@example.com
For additional info, visit our website at hamahamaoysters.com. Hama Hama Company is an equal opportunity employer.