2019 Rama VIP: Mystery Oyster Class w/ Rowan Jacobsen
Explore the far corners of America’s oyster scene at this shucking, tasting, and knowledge-dropping class with author Rowan Jacobsen. Rowan is literally the guy who wrote the book (actually several books) on the subject. You’ll shuck and taste a variety of oysters from the east and west coasts, comparing and contrasting the same oyster species grown in different locations. We’ve got two wines paired with the tasting, from Oregon based Ovum Wines and Grochau Cellars, plus light snacks.
Rowan will be joined by southern oyster advocate, restaurateur, and roustabout Bryan Rackley, who, in addition to being part of the team behind Atlanta’s Kimball House and Watchman's, is a Rainier beer cap puzzle master.
This hands-on class takes place in our upstairs room from 11 to 12, leaving plenty of time to take your new-found oyster knowledge to the Mystery Oyster Contest, which is basically just a rad oyster bar that offers the chance to win a variety of super fun consolation prizes, or a grand prize, which will be very grand indeed.
Included in ticket price:
- 1 Entrance to the Oyster Rama
- 4 tokens to use for food and drink at the event
- $20 worth of Rama raffle tickets
- Delicious oysters, wine pairings & light snacks
- Engraved oyster knife from our friends at Toadfish Outfitters
- Platter of 6 oysters from the Mystery Oyster Contest booth, for you or a friend
- Rama keepsakes and tote bag
Oysters featured in the class include:
- Island Creek Virginica
- Divine Pines
- Several local specialty oysters from Taylor Shellfish
- Jones Family Farm European Flats
- And others!
Pick up all your loot when you arrive at the Rama!
Fine print: This purchase is non-refundable and is limited to folks 21 and up. Please plan on having ID handy at the event. We won't issue paper tickets to this event, or to any events at the Rama, but we will follow up with more info after you buy your ticket. We will have a photographer taking marketing photos in the class... if you’d rather not appear in any photos please let us know.