Come forage on the oyster farm! On a few select Saturdays every spring we open up our beach for u-pick customers. These “Open Farm Days” are low-key, family-friendly adventures at the beach.
Team Hama Hama will be on hand to help you identify clam shows, tell where to go for the choicest dozen, and then help lug your catch up to shore. You pay for what you pick. Bring your muck boots, a bucket, a cooler, hand-held garden tools for clam digging, some gloves, a chair for the picnic area if you feel like lounging around, and a healthy appetite. We have BBQ oysters and steamed clams for sale if you just can’t wait to dig in, or you can call to reserve one of our two barbecue pits.
Please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Call (888) 877-5844.
Let us know in advance that you are coming, that way we can be prepared for hoards of shellfish lovers that will be combing our tide flats for our lovely Hama Hama bivalves. (Don’t worry, you can just show up, but we’ll be better prepared if you let us know you’re coming).
Open Farm Dates 2014
- (Oyster Rama on April 19th!)
- May 17th from 11:30 to 3:30
Open Farm Rules for 2014
- 3 dz limit per person, 10 dz limit per group.
- You can pick any size, but single oysters only… no clusters
- 3 pound clam limit per person, 20 pound limit per group.
- Oysters $6 a dozen and Clams $4 lb (=$1 off retail)
- No worries: there’s no shellfish license required, no purchase required, and you don’t have to shuck the oysters on the beach.
- Leave fido at home, and please don’t bring your own booze (it’s illegal). We have an outdoor dining area where we serve beer and wine. Come relax on the waterfront!