2022 Farm Day
We're very excited to hold our first farm day since 2018 (!) and hope that you can come muck around with us!
New this year: Tickets include pre-purchase of oysters and clams.
Each $80 ticket includes the ability to harvest 3 dz oysters and a bucket of clams (we'll lend you the bucket to dig clams into, it fits ~3 lbs). We will be on site to help you harvest, identify clam species, and steer you towards the perfect oyster.
Tickets allow beach entry for 2 adults.
For purposes of beach exploration, we define "adult" as anyone over 16 years old. We're not limiting the number of children you can bring with you - however - make sure it's not more than you can keep tabs on!
Here are a few Farm Day FAQs:
- approximate timeframe: 1 to 5 pm on Thursday 4/21
- no dogs allowed on the beach
- you don't need a State Shellfish Permit
- no outside food or drink allowed on site
- our farm store will be selling soup, sandwiches, and beer and wine by the glass, but our oyster saloon will be closed.
- no refunds given if you don't harvest the full amount - if you can't eat it all yourself, give some to friends!
Once you buy tickets, we'll follow up via email with more information about things to bring and other logistics. Expect this email in early April.
See you on the beach!
Unmarked hazards exist on our beach, both manmade and natural, so if you venture out please remember to watch your step. When you arrive at the event, we'll have a check-in station with more information about beach safety, and will require everyone who walks on the beach to sign a safety waiver and hear our safety spiel.
Photo by Amber Fouts