2023 Oyster Classes
Oyster Classes are back!
Come to the oyster farm for a unique and fun oyster experience. These classes include a shucking lesson followed by lots of practice as you work your way through a comparative oyster tasting of bivalves near and far. Along the way, we'll explore how oyster culture varies from region to region, delve into wine pairings, experiment with condiments and preparation techniques, and tell a few jokes. You'll leave with the know-how to be a confident oyster consumer, however you choose to eat them... at home, in restaurants, or fresh off the beach.
Classes start at 12 and end between 2 and 3 pm. They include ~2 dozen oysters (depending on how many you're hungry for!) of at least 4-6 different types (including some of our roasted oysters) plus snacks, handouts to take home, wine and beer pairings, and a brief walking tour of our oyster farm facility.
2023 Winter Dates:
- January 7, 14, 21, and 28
- February 4, 11, 18, 25th and 26th
- March 4th, 18th
Note - on February 11th, 12th & 18th we'll spruce things up a bit for Valentine's Day - we'll serve bubbles to start class, serve more hot food at the end of class, and include dessert.
The fine print:
- This is an indoor class with 12 - 15 students and 1 to 2 instructors.
- Cold or flu symptoms? Stomach bug? Don't come to oyster school if you're sick!
- Classes are restricted to folks 21 and up
- We'll hold this class in our upstairs room (we don't have an elevator).
- Class doesn't include a saloon reservation.
- Snow, mud, or flood? If the roads are impassable we'll cancel & refund!