Hama Hama Oyster Company is looking for a culinary professional to join our Lilliwaup-based Oyster Saloon team as Sous Chef. This is a perfect gig for someone looking to work in a close-knit team in a beautiful location and make consistently awesome food for a busy outdoor restaurant full of happy customers.
About Hama Hama
Family owned and operated for five generations, we’re a shellfish and timber farm located on the eastern slopes of the Olympic Peninsula. Our reputation for quality is built on hard work and clean water. Our mission is pretty simple: use low impact farming methods to grow world-class oysters and trees, have fun, and leave something good for those who will come after us.
- Producing food to sell in our oyster saloon, farm store, and online store.
- Cooking or shucking on the line in the oyster saloon
- Assisting with ordering, inventory, recipe development, training, and food costing as requested
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable food safety and health department laws
- Monitoring of systems to maintain daily operations
- Proven culinary ability with ideally 3-5 years cooking experience.
- Ability to work happily and efficiently in a collaborative kitchen environment.
- Ability to stand for hours at a time, bending/stooping, lifting and handling up to 40 lb without difficulty
- Reliable attendance and willingness to work weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, proper storage and handling procedures. Must have current WA state Food Handler’s certification. Prior experience with HACCP a plus.
- Individuals must adhere to all safety standards, including proper care and use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Interest in shellfish, foraging, and wild crafted recipes a plus.
This is a full-time, year-round position. Compensation package includes hourly wages plus tips and housing benefit.
Hama Hama Benefits include health insurance with vision, Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with employer matching up to 3% of gross income, paid time off, paid volunteer time, charitable donation matching, access to Employee Assistance Program, beautiful views, discounts on great food + Hama Hama gear
To apply please submit a resume to email@example.com, or apply in person at:
Hama Hama Co
35846 N US Highway 101
Lilliwaup, WA 98555
Equal Opportunity Employment—Hama Hama Company is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy that employees and applicants will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran’s status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local laws.