Shipping & Packaging:
We ship in insulated boxes with frozen gel ice. The gel ice is food safe. Our default shipping method during the cool season (October - April) is 2day shipping, should time allow. In the warm season we ship overnight. If you'd like to ensure you receive overnight shipping, please give us a call.
To keep things relaxing, we recommend that you ship the oysters to arrive the day before you need them. All orders ship with FedEx. Local orders (Puget Sound to Portland) ship with FedEx Ground. Everything else ships with FedEx Express.
FYI: We only ship to locations within the US, and unfortunately we can't ship to Hawaii. We ship to physical locations only (no PO boxes).
Placing an order:
Cutoff for next day delivery is 10 am Pacific time. Please specify a desired delivery date during checkout, otherwise we’ll ship your order at the next available opportunity.
What time will your order arrive?
Here are FedEx's Delivery Guarantee Times:
Note that during the pandemic, FedEx is no longer guaranteeing their delivery times, so these are just targets.
- Standard Overnight and Second Day Air: guaranteed by 8 pm.
- Priority Overnight: Guaranteed by 10:30 am, unless you're in the boonies, in which case 3 pm.
- FedEx Ground (only available for local shipments): no guarantee.
- Standard Overnight and Second Day Air: Guaranteed by 3 pm (urban) or 4:30 pm (rural).
- Priority Overnight: Guaranteed by 10:30 am (urban) or 3 pm (rural).
- FedEx Ground (only available for local shipments): no guarantee, usually early.
Giving a gift?
You can specify when you want the product delivered and whether you’d like to include a gift message during checkout. Please make sure the recipient will be home to receive the package.... surprise seafood packages are great, but you also want to make sure someone is there to put the food in the fridge.
If you’re shipping to an apartment, please make sure that FedEx has permission to leave items at the door. Usually FedEx delivers in the morning, so if you're shipping to a business, make sure it's open! If they're unable to deliver (either to a closed business or a locked apartment building), you might have to pick the package up at a FedEx warehouse.
Please remember that we do our best to satisfy every order that comes in, but due to the nature of our business, product is occasionally temporarily unavailable. If that is the case, we will notify you right away and let you know the earliest shipping date.
You can cancel an order as late as 10 am the day it's supposed to ship. Please give us 24 hours notice if you’d like to modify an order.
Messed up orders? Let us know!
We're in this for the long run and want to build customer loyalty, so we want you to be happy. If your order gets lost, damaged, destroyed, delivered late, or mis-picked we may either refund your money, reship the product, or give you a discount on your next order, depending on your preferences, who made the mistake, and whether it was a complete or partial loss. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds / Returns:
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return non-perishable items (such as knives or shirts) in original packaging within fourteen days of the shipping date for a full refund excluding shipping costs. You pay return shipping.
- If you need a new size, you can also exchange a non-perishable item in NEW condition within fourteen days of the ship date. Please pay for return postage and let us know what size you'd like.
- If it's defective: We have a 30 day guarantee on all our non-perishable product. If the product is found to be defective, returns or exchanges will be accepted within thirty days of the ship date.
Talk to someone who cares:
We want happy customers! Please email us at email@example.com or give us a call and tell us how we can help.