Hama Hama Oyster Company Job Post
Hama Hama is looking for an Oyster Saloon Service Manager.
The Saloon Service Manager keeps the day to day operations in the Oyster Saloon smooth and seamless for both staff and customers. They stay up to date on all saloon procedures to ensure consistent messaging and training, playing a critical role as a link between the staff and management team (consisting of a Food and Beverage Director and Hospitality and Operations Manager), and between front of house and back of house. Their overall goal is to help ensure that all quality standards are met and that the team culture is positive and efficient. They help train staff, giving performance feedback and settling disputes, elevating issues when appropriate. While scheduling is not their primary responsibility, they identify and troubleshoot scheduling issues with the F&B Director and Hospitality Manager. They work as expo, coordinating between front and back of house, and oversee operations in the ordering cabana. They spend a good part of everyday ensuring that staff can take breaks, and so are prepared to jump into any station in FOH or BOH. They have impeccable judgment and recognize that staff take their cues from behavior modeled around them; they are discrete with privileged information, avoid gossip, and redirect unproductive behavior to be respectful and collaborative.
- Overseeing daily operations in the Oyster Saloon, coordinating between front and back of house.
- Managing saloon FOH staff, helping with training and feedback, giving breaks to FOH and line staff, settling disputes with a focus on procedure and standardization, and redirecting unprofessional energy towards collaborative and respectful behavior.
- Coordinating between management and staff, elevating issues to HR as needed
- Working as expo or in the ordering cabana
- Participating in the events committee, a collaborative team that plans and executes events, may hold specific responsibilities related to individual events
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to collaborate and listen, and comfortable with disagreement and difficult conversations.
- Organized, discrete, and impartial
- Able to maintain boundaries between professional and personal situations
- Able to stay calm & focused under pressure, and be willing to lead when situations get stressful.
- Previous experience in both FOH and BOH
This is a full-time position. Expected hours of work are Thursday - Monday, 30 - 40 hours per week, depending on Saloon schedule. Compensation is $19 per hour plus tips.
Benefits include health insurance with vision and dental, Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with employer matching up to 3% of gross income, paid time off, paid volunteer time, charitable donation matching, access to Employee Assistance Program, beautiful views, discounts on great food + Hama Hama gear
To apply please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person at:
Hama Hama Oyster Company
35846 N US Highway 101
Lilliwaup, WA 98555
About Hama Hama
Family owned and operated for five generations, we’re a shellfish and timber farm located on the eastern slopes of the Olympic Peninsula. Our reputation for quality is built on hard work and clean water. Our mission is pretty simple: use low impact farming methods to grow world-class oysters and trees, have fun, and leave something good for those who will come after us.
Equal Opportunity Employment—Hama Hama Company is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy that employees and applicants will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran’s status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local laws.