Hama Hama Oyster Company Job Post
Hama Hama is looking for a Hospitality and Operations Manager for their Brick and Mortar Operations, known as BAM, which includes an Oyster Saloon and Farm Store.
The BAM Hospitality & Operations Manager works to keep the Hama Hama Farm a wonderful place to work and to visit. They coordinate closely with the online store and marketing teams to develop customer service policies that create a seamless customer experience at Hama Hama, and work collaboratively to implement and refine procedures. Behind the scenes, they monitor time clocks for check in errors (providing regular feedback to the scheduling managers about overtime, lunch breaks, or clock-in errors), relay information to payroll regarding PTO requests and other issues, complete the weekly tip sheet split, oversee saloon reservations, and place orders if requested. On the floor, they maintain a regular presence, running the host station or ordering cabana, identifying ways to improve customer experience, touching base with customers and staff, and jumping in on stations as needed. When rolling out new policies or procedures, they work alongside staff as often as needed until the policy is fully enacted. They have impeccable judgment and recognize that staff take their cues from behavior modeled around them; they are discrete with privileged information, avoid gossip, and redirect unproductive behavior to be respectful and collaborative, ensuring that day-to-day operations and experience of staff mirrors HH’s culture and brand.
- Improving the customer experience through a focus on standardization and staff training
- Understanding the Hama Hama Brand, and bringing it to life at the farm.
- Organizing the front of house “behind the scenes” - everything from signage, to reservation systems, to timeclock issues for staff
- Customer service, with a focus on retention and cross selling with the online store.
- Leading by example, working as host or food runner or in the cabana
- Participating in the events committee, a collaborative team that plans and executes events, may hold specific responsibilities related to individual events
- Proven experience managing teams and systems
- Extensive hospitality experience and familiarity with restaurant, retail, and ecommerce business strategies, including budgeting, cost accounting, and tracking KPIs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to pivot between writing compelling, concise, on-brand customer-facing copy and clear, direct instructions for staff
- Comfort with G-suite, Point of Sale Systems, basic HTML, and troubleshooting basic IT and connectivity issues.
- Sophisticated understanding of branding and marketing required. Design experience a plus.
This is a full-time position. Expected hours of work are Thursday - Monday, 30 to 40 hours per week in the off season, 40 to 45 hours per week in peak season. Compensation range is $25 to $30 per hour.
Benefits include health insurance with vision and dental, Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with employer matching up to 3% of gross income, paid time off, paid volunteer time, charitable donation matching, access to Employee Assistance Program, beautiful views, discounts on great food + Hama Hama gear
To apply please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person at:
Hama Hama Oyster Company
35846 N US Highway 101
Lilliwaup, WA 98555
About Hama Hama
Family owned and operated for five generations, we’re a shellfish and timber farm located on the eastern slopes of the Olympic Peninsula. Our reputation for quality is built on hard work and clean water. Our mission is pretty simple: use low impact farming methods to grow world-class oysters and trees, have fun, and leave something good for those who will come after us.
Equal Opportunity Employment—Hama Hama Company is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy that employees and applicants will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran’s status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local laws.