Hama Hama is looking for a Online Store Lead to keep our web-based retail sales channel happy and humming.
This person will organize and reorder merchandise for sale, keep track of inventories, take and fulfill orders, track shipments, and generally work to provide excellent customer service. When not involved in day-to-day operation of the online store, they will help plan future product rollouts, schedule strategy meetings, and collaborate on social media, email, and other outreach efforts. Successful applicants for this position will have strong collaboration, communication, and organizational skills, be excellent visual and verbal story tellers, and be comfortable working with technology and making data-informed decisions. They must be open to feedback, and be able to both develop new strategies and execute existing plans.
This position has lots of room for creativity, both online and in-person. It is actively involved in everything we sell on the website, including event tickets, CSA boxes, and wholesale catering orders. They will help execute events such as oyster classes and farm tours. They will field calls and emails for the Saloon, Farm Store, and Wholesale Divisions, and so will need to understand the ins and outs of all aspects of the Hama Hama Shellfish Company in order to answer customer questions. During peak online store sales seasons (especially the holiday season) this person is expected to devote all of their time to ensuring accurate and timely delivery of products and order status information to customers. During slower online sales seasons, there will be more time to plan, and opportunities to help out in other divisions of the company as interested / needed.
About Hama Hama
Family owned and operated for six generations, we’re a shellfish and timber farm located on the eastern slopes of the Olympic Peninsula. Our reputation for quality is built on hard work and clean water. Our mission is pretty simple: use low impact farming methods to grow world-class oysters and trees, have fun, and leave something good for those who will come after us.
- Manage Online Store orders & troubleshoot customer service issues
- Order items to sell in the Online Store & manage physical inventory
- Organize and ship non perishables and swag.
- Assist with Wholesale Fulfillment: tracking FedEx orders and fielding customer inquiries.
- Update Online Store as needed
- Help coordinate oyster classes, monthly CSA, and other sales / marketing efforts
- Field donation requests
- Drive revenue through the Online Store by working with the marketing team to plan and execute social media and email marketing campaigns.
- Interest in learning about sustainable aquaculture.
- Previous experience working with some kind of technology: web-based POS systems, email marketing programs, or HTML web design, etc.
- Previous experience with digital marketing and web design a plus
- Comfortable learning new programs, apps, and POS systems
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willingness to work both with and without direct supervision
- Comfortable making mistakes and learning through trial & error and feedback
- Professional demeanor: polite, kind, and solution-oriented
- Able to satisfy the physical requirements of the job, which include: lifting up to 40 pounds occasionally, stooping, sitting, standing, walking up and down stairs, carrying, reaching and manual dexterity. Work environment includes exposure to chilled indoor work conditions.
This is a full-time position located at our farm in Lilliwaup. Expected hours of work are Thursday - Monday. This position is busiest during the Holiday Season. Compensation range is $23 - $27.50 per hour, plus revenue incentive.
Benefits include health insurance with vision and dental, Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with employer matching up to 3% of gross income, paid time off, paid volunteer time, charitable donation matching, access to Employee Assistance Program, beautiful views, discounts on great food + Hama Hama gear
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person at:
Hama Hama Oyster Company
35846 N US Highway 101
Lilliwaup, WA 98555
Equal Opportunity Employment—Hama Hama Company is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy that employees and applicants will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran’s status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local laws.