Hama Hama Oyster Company is looking for a culinary professional to join our Lilliwaup-based Oyster Saloon team as Kitchen Manager. This is a perfect gig for someone looking to work in a close-knit team in a beautiful location while making consistently awesome food for a busy outdoor restaurant full of happy customers.
About Hama Hama
Family owned and operated for six generations, we’re a shellfish and timber farm located on the eastern slopes of the Olympic Peninsula. Our reputation for quality is built on hard work and clean water. Our mission is pretty simple: use low impact farming methods to grow world-class oysters and trees, have fun, and leave something good for those who will come after us.
The Oyster Saloon is located a stone’s throw from our oyster farm, and showcases our oysters and clams alongside other seasonal PNW seafood. Our goal is to offer thoughtful preparations for world-class ingredients in a one-of-a-kind dining environment. It’s a busy and physical job, but one with no late nights (we usually close between 4 and 6 pm) and plenty of fresh air and happy people.
- Producing food to sell in our oyster saloon, farm store, and online store.
- Cooking or shucking on the line in the oyster saloon
- Assisting with ordering, inventory, recipe development, training, and food costing as requested
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable food safety and health department laws
- Monitoring of systems to maintain daily operations
- Ensuring that Kitchen staff is working in a safe, efficient, and productive manner by effectively delegating daily work flow.
- 3-5 years cooking experience.
- Ability to work happily and efficiently in a collaborative kitchen environment.
- Ability to stand for hours at a time, work in an outdoor environment, work around allergens such as wheat and shellfish and around common kitchen chemicals, perform tasks that involve bending, stooping, shucking, lifting, and handling up to 50 lb without difficulty
- Reliable attendance and willingness to work weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, proper storage and handling procedures. Must have current WA state Food Handler’s certification. Prior experience with HACCP a plus.
- Individuals must adhere to all safety standards, including proper care and use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Interest in shellfish, foraging, and wild crafted recipes a plus.
This is a full-time, year-round position. Compensation is $19 - $20 per hour plus tips. Benefits for full time, regular employees include health insurance with vision and dental, Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with 3% employer match, paid time off, paid volunteer time, charitable donation matching, access to Employee Assistance Program, beautiful views, discounts on great food + Hama Hama gear.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hama Hama Oyster Company
35846 N US Highway 101
Lilliwaup, WA 98555
Equal Opportunity Employment — Hama Hama Company is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy that employees and applicants will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran’s status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local laws.