Come work near the beach! Hama Hama is looking for reliable and hardworking folks to join our Oyster Saloon team in Lilliwaup, WA.
About Hama Hama
Family owned and operated for six generations, we’re a shellfish and timber farm located on the eastern slopes of the Olympic Peninsula. Our reputation for quality is built on hard work and clean water and our mission is pretty simple: use low impact farming methods to grow world-class oysters and trees, have fun, and leave something good for those who will come after us.
The Oyster Saloon is located a stone’s throw from our oyster farm, and showcases our oysters and clams alongside other seasonal PNW seafood. Our goal is to offer thoughtful preparations for world-class ingredients in a one-of-a-kind dining environment. It’s a busy and physical job, but one with no late nights (we usually close at 5 pm) and plenty of fresh air and happy people. We're currently hiring for seasonal positions from spring through the fall. Exact start / stop dates can be flexible. Decisions about year round work will be made mid-summer.
- Experienced Line Cooks
- Oyster Shucker
- Ability to stand for hours at a time, work in an outdoor environment, work around common kitchen chemicals and allergens such as wheat and shellfish, ability to walk several miles a day on uneven or wet surfaces, ability to perform tasks that involve bending, stooping, shucking, lifting and handling up to 50 lb without difficulty
- Reliable attendance
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays
- Friendly attitude and professional demeanor
- Communicate positively with customers and team members
- WA state Food Handler’s certification
- Individuals must adhere to all safety standards, including proper care and use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
For more info, check out our website at https://hamahamaoysters.com/pages/careers
Compensation range is $16.28/hr - $18 per hour, depending on experience and role, plus tips. Benefits include paid time off, access to Hama Hama’s Employee Assistance Program, beautiful views, free weekly shellfish, and discounts on great food + Hama Hama gear. Folks hired for year round employment are eligible for health insurance (including vision and dental) and retirement program.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or apply in person at:
Hama Hama Oyster Company
35846 N US Highway 101
Lilliwaup, WA 98555
Equal Opportunity Employment—Hama Hama Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and it is our policy that employees and applicants will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran’s status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local laws.